Saturday evening I am in my first wedding. It is the wedding of one of my oldest friends. Tomorrow morning I'm going with her, her mother, maid of honor, and future sister-in-law to get our nails done. I'm anxious about that because I have a feeling I'm going to feel quite left out. In the evening is the rehearsal. I'm stressed because I'm not sure I'm going to make it in time. My car is HOPEFULLY *crossing fingers* going to be finished tomorrow, but I have no idea by what time. I could get a phone call at 4:45 that I need to go pick it up. Haven't told my bride yet. Then is the rehearsal dinner, where I'm anxious again about feeling left out. Everyone is paired off (literally, as husband-wife or fiancees) or part of a family except me. Saturday morning is the wedding. I've never been in a wedding before. I'm nervous about tripping, twisting my ankle, having to pee while I'm standing up there, needing to sneeze or yawn, you name it.
Normally planning helps me relieve anxiety (apparently, for other people this is quite a torturous way for me to relieve stress, but that's another whole story). Unfortunately, in this there is literally nothing I can do to plan. I just have to put on a smile and pray that God carries me through the weekend.
Why does all this hurt so much?
No comments:
Post a Comment