I was thankful to have the house all to myself for a bit this evening. Just knowing that I'm not going to be interrupted or called to task by my mother allows for an extra level of peace and relaxation. As I thought about what I was going to do with my time, I was reminded of something I had thought of earlier in the afternoon. I have subscribed to Real Simple magazine for 2 years now, and I love it. It's packed full of great ideas for my future life as an independent woman. Month after month I flip through and take mental note of good ideas or yummy recipes that I find. The problem I realized today is that I'm stockpiling these magazines, and by the time I become an independent woman I will have such a large stack that I won't be able to find any of these helpful hints or delicious meals! So tonight I started going through my magazines and pulling out articles, recipes, suggestions, anything that I thought might be of use to me someday. Then I'm going to paste them onto pages and put them all into a binder that's divided up into sections. I'm really excited about this project! It will take me awhile, but that is okay because I have plenty of time before I'm out on my own and these things really become much use. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment