Friday, September 3, 2010

Three Days!

I realized last night that I have almost completed my 30-Day Challenge! I labeled each post with "Challenge" so that I could easily keep track of how many I had completed. As of last night, I had 26. After I hit "Publish Post" tonight, I will have 27 completed and only 3 to go. Ahead in those 3 days? Tomorrow I'm going to watch my sister's volleyball jamboree, the official beginning of the season! This will really be the first time I've EVER seen her play on a team. I went to watch one summer tournament, but those are so different than the season, that I don't really count it. Of course, jamborees are different than the regular season matches, but I figured out YESTERDAY that I will be able to see very few of those. :( I'm pretty disappointed, but few are better than none. In the evening I am doing NOTHING, and I'm really not too pleased about it. All my friends are gone, or leaving in the next day or two, and nothing is going on. I was hoping to have plans tomorrow night, but they fell through, surprise surprise. Take note: this is why I am a planner. I have had people flake out on me way too many times to really believe that something is going to happen unless we decide exactly what it is beforehand. Secondarily, this illustrates why I have trust issues now. But that's a horse of a different color. The following day is Sunday, and nothing too interesting there. The Lord's Day and a day of rest, which I will certainly be taking advantage of. In the evening I'll be heading over to "my" family's house, because they're throwing an end-of-summer bash. I was so touched at being invited, I am willingly making the hour long trip. I wish I had someone to go with, but I'm a big girl. :) The last day of my challenge is a Monday, and I have nothing planned for that day. I have no work that day, so I'll probably just work on my project that I started last weekend.

Monday could potentially be the blog of my life. I hope to include a recap of the last 30 days, what happened, what I saw, what I learned, what I see looking back, and whether or not this challenge had its intended effect. It should be a good time.

For now, however, I say goodnight. I was going to go to bed about an hour and a half ago, but we had some visitors that I wanted to see and chat with. I'm now practically falling asleep at my computer, so I will not delay sleep any longer.

No comments: