God, forgive me for not being grateful. Teach me how to be independent, and to be content. Teach me to be patient and to delight myself in you.
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Loneliness
If I'm honest with myself, I'm struggling a bit. In general I'm quite happy, but there are moments that I am overcome with loneliness. It's not that I'm alone, but rather I've never been single for this long and I miss the close companionship that a boyfriend provides. It's in the little things like the fact that there is a concert this upcoming Saturday that I would enjoy, and I have no one to go with. However, if I had a boyfriend I would have someone to go with. Similarly, last Sunday I attended a party at which I knew few people. The people I did know were the hosts, so their attention had to be spread over all the guests, and I was left trying to make conversation with strangers, which I'm not very good at...especially in such large groups. It's times like these where I miss having a boyfriend. I even miss those excited butterflies in my stomach.
Labels:
alone time,
lessons,
loneliness,
matters of the heart,
patience
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment