Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Podcast Recommendation: A MUST Listen!

On the recommendation of a friend I listened to a podcast put out by the RUF (Reformed University Fellowship) chapter at Ole Miss. At the time she recommended it, I was really struggling with dealing through hurt after heartbreak. It was 13 episodes on dating, relationships, and sexuality, of course from a Christian perspective, and I finished it yesterday. I listened to one episode per work day.I have a 40 minute to hour plus commute each day, so it gave me the perfect opportunity. I listened to each episode twice: once on my trip there, and once back. I figured this way I had a second opportunity to absorb the information, and I wasn't too ambitious in trying to take in the information. After all, I work five days a week, which leaves me with plenty of time to listen to podcasts, radio, Pandora, etc.

I'll go into more details on what I liked and what particularly hit me later. For now, I just have to say that it was amazing and perspective-altering. It's stuff I wish I had considered before dating in college, especially before beginning my last relationship. So that's the RUF at Ole Miss podcast, and its the Spring 2008 series on relationships. Also, if anyone happens to read this, I would love a recommendation. Got a podcast that was particularly edifying in your relationship to God? I need something to listen to on my long commutes. :)

No comments: