Sunday, October 3, 2010

So much for that...

I threw in the towel. Talk about short-lived challenges; I didn't even last a whole day. I gave up on the October Dress Project. I think when I came down to it, I was spending more energy coaxing myself into it and trying on outfits to find something that looked good than I normally do on getting ready in the morning. I'm a nanny; more often than not my outfit consists of jeans and a t-shirt and a sweatshirt. And I don't feel particularly guilty about giving up, because honestly, this challenge doesn't help anyone else. It's not like I gave up on a fundraising effort or even an awareness effort for a worthy cause. It's about self-improvement, which I'm not saying is a bad thing, but it's not the particular type of self-improvement that I need in my life right now. I'm still praying that God in his mercy works improvement in my heart, and there are other things in my life right now that take up much more emotional energy than my outward appearance: namely, being lonely.

No comments: