I don't know exactly what I'm feeling or how to articulate it, but tonight really threw me for a loop. I'm kind of confused.
Monday, October 18, 2010
Back in the Old Life
Today I went to a Christian college fair as an alumni rep for my alma mater. I met an admissions rep there, who also happens to be a good friend of mine. In 2 hours of talking to high school juniors and seniors about how great Providence is, I was taken back to that old life. It was odd; though there were some things that have changed in the 6 months since I've graduated, spending 2 hours hanging out with a friend from there made me feel like I was back, like I had never left. And somehow it fit. Though I was nervous, it wasn't awkward like I knew it had the potential to be (this friend became my friends because he is friends with my ex-boyfriend). Somehow it just fit. Then I drove back to my house where my parents were waiting to hear about my day, and somehow that felt fuzzy and disjointed.
Labels:
contemplation,
Providence,
stress and anxiety,
the old self,
the past
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment