Over the next several months, I learned what it was like to hope in the Lord. I don't know that I could explain it to anyone if they asked me how I figured it out. It came through desperate prayer when I was pushed to my knees, and a helplessness like I've never experienced. It certainly didn't come out of myself, because I had no strength left to find it.
Tomorrow one of my best friends from high school gets married. As I was standing at the rehearsal this evening, I realized this was the last "time marker" for the future, so to speak. The last thing I really had to count down to is this wedding. From now on, my future is blank. I have no plans for 2011. I don't know when the next big event in my life will happen, and I don't know what that big event will be. A year ago, this would have paralyzed me in fear. I don't know that I would have been able to function. But today this thought got me really excited. God knows exactly what is ahead, in both the big events and the minor details. I'm looking at it from the perspective that I get to discover what is ahead, because as I've learned, I don't have control over it anyway. The creator of the universe has planned my future, and what could be better than that?!
No comments:
Post a Comment