I may not have a profound story, but those that I've heard are permanently burned into my memory. Stories of women in such fear for their lives that shelters cannot even hint at where they're located. That websites offering help contain "hide" buttons to quickly change the webpage, and warnings that browser histories can never be permanently deleted. These people are real, and they stay silent in fear. Will you help them get help, and help end the cycle of violent relationships?
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Tired of "Awareness"?
Do you remember when everyone was changing their profile pictures to cartoons to raise awareness for domestic violence and child abuse? Did you change someone's life by changing your photo? Well here's good news: I have an easy way for you to actually DO something to help people. On Saturday my family is walking in the Refuse to Abuse 5K at Safeco Field. This run/walk is sponsored by Mariners Care and Washington State Coalition Against Domestic Violence. By donating, your money will go to programs that actively work to prevent violent relationships, and help heal those who have suffered by them. Are you tired of simply "raising awareness" and want to HELP? Here's your shot: http://www.razoo.com/story/ Family-Refuse-To-Abuse-5k?refer ral_code=share
I may not have a profound story, but those that I've heard are permanently burned into my memory. Stories of women in such fear for their lives that shelters cannot even hint at where they're located. That websites offering help contain "hide" buttons to quickly change the webpage, and warnings that browser histories can never be permanently deleted. These people are real, and they stay silent in fear. Will you help them get help, and help end the cycle of violent relationships?
I may not have a profound story, but those that I've heard are permanently burned into my memory. Stories of women in such fear for their lives that shelters cannot even hint at where they're located. That websites offering help contain "hide" buttons to quickly change the webpage, and warnings that browser histories can never be permanently deleted. These people are real, and they stay silent in fear. Will you help them get help, and help end the cycle of violent relationships?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment