Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Daily Dilemma

Every day I work I'm faced with a dilemma: what do I do during "my" little girl's nap? Do I take a nap of my own, and ease some of my exhaustion, or do I take my solitary hour and a half to get things done? Usually, by "get things done," I mean "read a book." But I have also been known to budget out my paychecks, download and organize my apps on my phone, or set decide in what order I am going to listen to my downloaded podcasts. Today I narrowed down my options to A) nap or B) read. I had a crazy headache and the grande white chocolate mocha I downed in the morning helped neither the headache nor my sleepiness, so I decided to read for a bit and then sleep some. After I nap, I feel pretty refreshed for the rest of the day, which is great. It's an option I occasionally choose during naptime. However, the problem with this decision comes right about...now. Just after 10 pm, knowing that I have to be AT WORK tomorrow at 7, and I have an hour commute before that, but not quite tired enough to fall asleep. This is the reason why I often forgo the nap and the energy it provides in the afternoon, because being at this point makes for an extremely difficult 5 am wake up. Maybe one of these weekends I'll be able to keep a day free and I'll catch up on all the sleep I've been shorting myself. Or maybe one of these evenings I'll wise up and figure out that I should just go to bed somewhere around 8 or 9.

No comments: