Monday, April 28, 2008

Final Fantasy

I'm sitting in the library studying for an impossible final. Fortunately, it is the only one I have for the next two days. The frustration building up is allowing my mind to wander...

By Friday, four days from now, I will be done with finals. It also marks the halfway point of my college career--I hope. :) As much as I love Providence, I'm ready to grow up and be done. Although I have no idea what I'm doing when I "grow up."

A week from now I will have had my first session of May Term. I'm very excited about it. I'm taking a class on domestic violence, and it includes guest speakers and field trips to places like an abandoned baby drop site and another shelter (I believe...). Then, to top it off, we will spend four days at an orphanage in Mexico. Three weeks from now, that is where we will be. I'm so excited.

Four weeks from now I will be at home in my own bed. Then I will start back working at the job I had through my junior and senior year of high school. Hopefully that goes smoothly. I'm also kind of trying to find another job, although I'm hoping the hours from the first are enough. My English professor is moving in June up near me, and so depending on exactly where she ends up I will get to see her at some point and maybe help them move in. And there's always the possibility of babysitting her precious little boy if they live close enough. :)

At the end of June, I will be going to Florida with my family. We're finally making it to Disney World. I'm excited just to be able to go on vacation and be with my family, but I'm not looking forward to the heat, humidity, and dense amounts of people.

Then at the end of August, I'll be back. It will be a whole new year, full of new experiences. Hopefully it won't be completely different, although it feels like it will be. I feel like everything is ending at the end of this week.

But, I ought to get back to studying. I just had to escape to the summer for a little bit. The harder I study now, the sooner I can finish. When I finish, I can relax for a little bit--I'm hoping about a half hour--before I start preparing for the next.

No comments: