Tonight was my second soak of my experiment with ClariSea, because they recommend soaking 3 days per week. I skipped yesterday, but I did notice some things.
1) My lips were dried out! The rest of my face felt clean, but not overly dried. I just started making sure I was carrying lip balm with me wherever I go and that solved it. So I made sure to apply some as soon as I finished soaking tonight.
2) I seemed to wake up yesterday with MORE clogged pores than the night before! But I have a theory as to why--assuming the answer is not that the product doesn't work. I had missed the final step: rinse thoroughly with cool water. So I made sure to do that tonight.
The soaking went easier tonight, I did less sputtering and came up for air fewer times. I did notice, however, that when I stopped halfway through my soak for the clarifying scrub, the scrub stung my face a bit. I'm hoping that's normal and it's not my sensitive skin roaring back in displeasure.
I decided not to use the clarifying scrub by itself last night. I'm going to give my skin a week or so to adjust to this new regimen before I start hitting it hard like that. Now I plan to soak again Friday and use the clay mask Saturday night! ...Clearly I don't have much of a social life.
Any tips on healing dry lips? I've been going back and forth between Sugar Lip Treatment and Burt's Bees: Replenishing with pomegranate oil, depending on what's handy. I can't seem to find one that makes me completely happy; what's your favorite lip balm?
No comments:
Post a Comment