Monday, May 2, 2011

Big Ideas

I come from a family of one-track-minders. We don't have a lot of big ideas, but when we get one in our heads, we have a hard time letting go. I'm no different. When something is on my mind, I think it over and over and over and over... some might say that's an obsessive characteristic, I don't know. But right now I'm mulling over TWO big ideas. Normally there's only room for one at a time in this head of mine! The longer I think about them, the more excited I become. The problem is that then I hold them in, like treasured secrets. I'm afraid if I tell someone, they'll belittle my idea and knock the wind out of my sails. I'm not really an I'll-prove-you-wrong kind of girl, more like, you're-probably-right-it-was-dumb-anyway kind of girl. Now tomorrow I have to go to work for 14 hours and there will be almost literally nothing I can do about these ideas--no research, no setting aside time for logical consideration and hypothetical planning. I think tomorrow could be a really rough day for me.

No comments: